I turned 27 on Victoria Day and came home to my own White Way of Delight, dreamy apple blossoms in full bloom! I have been anticipating 27, and for some strange reason I was excited for this certain age. It holds so much promise in my mind...it feels like a real adult age, where I will be the woman I imagined I would be in my late twenties...rather than, truthfully, feeling still 22 or 23.
Even though I know it doesn't work quite like this, I feel this age calling me to stand a little taller, try a little harder. I'm trying to verbalize some abstract thoughts here, for my own memories. So I can look back and see how I did, in my twenty seventh year. Calling myself to action, in a way. But at the same time remembering that I am always going to be myself..but different versions. And I want the 27th version to be memorable. For how I really tried to make life more beautiful and ordered for myself and my family, and had a servants heart while doing it all for the greater glory of God. It might be lofty, but why not aim high! I may not end up where I aimed, but I might end up higher than if I had lower expectations. And to be realistic I am reminding my future self right now to couple this all with grace, lots of grace.
Now for some superficial tid bits for the sake and enjoyment of memories...because these are the little things I forget about myself:
-every morning I wake up and make a matcha and sit on the couch and drink it before breakfast
- I'm in love with my little yellow house and am finally using it to it's potential, figuring it out
- instead of better makeup I am working on improving my skin
-girls finally in their own room so now I can let the morning sun come in the window and wake me up slowly for the day
- Matt bought me a new sewing machine for my birthday, looking forward to enjoying my hobby again and not wanting to throw a sewing machine through a window
- falling in love with Matt anew, working together better
- no new clothes, second hand or ethical companies only
-wanting to wear dresses more often
- in love with and inspired by everything Sally Clarkson
-fostering a love of reading..by actually trying to read more
-deactivated my FB account indefinitely
-related to the previous point, working on being more present to my family
-enjoying learning about other cultures, French in particular
-learning I really need to avoid gluten, dairy, and sugar for my eczema
- want to camp a lot this summer with Matt and the girls
- (not superficial) entering into the scriptures in the morning and discovering the presence and character of God in ways I never have before
- loving where I am, and learning about the reality of home, and that I can bring it with me anywhere I go
(maybe I will expand on some of these thoughts, since one of my other goals is to write more regularly)
And to conclude my warm thoughts on being 27, I have a new baby growing inside that I am excited and longing for in a new way that I haven't yet experienced. Maybe it is the growing of love and enjoyment of being essentially out of the baby stages with my older girlies, or maybe it's a truer sense of the gravity of a new life brought into being. All I know for sure is that I love this baby deeply!